Saturday, May 19, 2012

Eggless Fruits Flan: Happy Birthday To Sister!

It had been almost 2 months and finally I have chance to do my second cake, on a special occasion again, this time round, it's my sister's Birthday! I bought a cake recipe and when I'm brainstorming about what cake should I do, my sister suddenly said she want to have a fruits flan. All right, it's correct that I should do a cake that meets the birthday girl's favor!



This cake do not need eggs at all, this fully attracting me :)


Ingredients A:                                                                      
Butter 200g
Sugar 160g

Ingredients B:
Milk 200ml
Vanilla essence 1 tsp

Ingredients C:
All purpose flour / plain flour 240g
Baking powder 1 3/4 tsp

Topping:
Adequate amount of - Whipped topping cream
                                - Apricot gel
                                - Toasted almond flakes
                                - fruits (I used Red man peach in syrup and Strawberry)

The steps for doing the cake are very simple, I believe anyone new in baking can do this!
                                                                                       
1.  Cream ingredients A until light.
2. Add in ingredients B in graduation, whip until light and smooth.
3. Add in ingredients C, mix until well-blended.
4. Pour it into 20cm round tin which lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degC for 50 minutes. Set aside to cool.


Out of Oven! Oops.. why a bit black? 
Final step: Decorating!!

Unlike sponge cake which is soft, this cake taste more compact. But it's delicious with the whipped topping cream, seems like only they are the perfect match! The taste upgraded with the very nice peach and super huge & sweet strawberry (I'm very lucky to get this USA strawberry with offer)!

Topping:
Apply the whipped cream on the whole cake. Arrange the fruits on top as desired & coat the side of cake with toasted almond flakes.I suppose to mix apricot gel with some water and cook over the double boiler until melted and apply on the fruits for glazing purpose. But, I can not find apricot gel in the market :( Anyway, a pretty delicious cake is ready!

Ready!!

Yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment